Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 6.

Almost a week on the Effexor. The pain has seemed to ease up (a bit). But the nausea is still pretty horrible. On a scale of one to ten.... it goes back and fourth between an eight and a ten. Taking it a night has helped, as far as easing the sickness during the day so I can work, but I still feel pretty bad at night, and the side effects do wake me up. I been taking it around 7pm/8pm. I almost immediately get a headache every time I take it. The sick feeling, and burning in my hands feel typically starts around midnight. When I was taking it during the day, the side effects would start just as I was going in to work, which made it impossible to do anything.

I've decided I'm going to stick this out. My doctor said it takes about two weeks to adjust to the medication. It's been almost one. Tomorrow I increase my dose, so we'll see what Happens. I wish I could find a way to treat my PMDD and Fibro without medication, I really do. But I've tried everything and I'm in so much pain, and down right exhausted. As a dancer, and a dance teacher, I NEED my body. The only thing that makes me more depressed than my PMDD is not being about to dance or teach.

So my fingers are crossed that this works and that maybe, just maybe, I might be able to start getting my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment